Matrimonial Hunt...

Are you a Vadama ? atleast a Tam Brahm ? Do you have H1, if yes can you please move closer to bay area ? I am 5ft 2 inches, I need a boy who is atleast 5'10" if not shorter than kobe bryant ? We prefer iyers from Palakad, if not preferably from pittsburgh. Give me a break.

Broadminded / like minded / Innocent Divorcee / Chennai Only / H1B holder / East (or) West Coast - The List is endless.If you look into / get a chance to browse any of the matrimonial sites / the sunday edition of Hindu / vernaculars / matrimonial communities which are located in different pockets of Chennai / South India, you would have definitely come across these above stated preferences.

What does H1B / anywhere in bay area going to do with your partner ? If i have preferences of settling in US, I would have accpeted to live as an american and marry an american. What do they mean broadminded ? - I might be broadminded but not to the extent of Shoba de. I have seen profiles of Innocent Divorcees on paper, with the alarming rates of divorces in india, how come all the divorcees are innocent and ignorant. G.O.K

I had chat with my friend sowmi recently and she confided that it is too difficult to identify, choose according to one's preferences. I hear similar stories from few other friends as well. Marriages of late for the last decade (or) even before has become more a matter of convenience, than anything beyond that. If you go to the "Tathpariyams" of marriages, to understand why we need to go for them, understanding the importance / sanctity of the age old institution, we can understand that the modern day marriages have digressed far from the real truth.

I had even heard debates about love marriages vs arranged marriages and I solemnly believe that there is nothing called love-marriages. According to me, there are only two kinds of marriages either you arrange yourself (which others deemed to believe that love exists in them) and the ones which all the mamas and mamis arrange. If at all there exists love, I solemnly believe most of the couples experience that feeling when they cross 50. To me modern day marriages are happening like yet another One day match series which our BCCI keeps arranging with Pakistan/Australia without any reason.

If this is the case with Indian Marriages, Western marriages are much more worse. I had a discussion with my english friend O'shaughnessy and he told me that marriages are more likely to be prelude to go for progeny. Ironically, what i never understand even after my conversation with him, how come people go for livein relationships and stay for so many years with a person and finally decided to marry the same guy and ending up with divorce immediately.

Preferences of modern day youth (both Men and Women) have changed over the period. Its no more about complexion,vital statistics etc which matters the most, but everybody has their own preferences which ranges from the place of origin to your career ambitions. Probably the truth with modern day are people are tired of relationships, they are struggling to find a new partner, new person in their lives. Forget partners, it is very difficult in the modern day to identify few good friends in your life.

Probably this is not an outlet to express my frustration on the hunt rather its the attitude of people (particularly Brahm Community) and so called modern day mindset which is nothing but b****it.

Happy searching if you're in the hunt and if you're already married - all the best for your remaining part of your life.

¬Lakshman

Comments

Goutham said…
Can't agree with you more, dude.. I am quite appalled by the hunt process as well.. Well, good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Akashe Jyotsna.....

Paatu Paadava....

Pichai Patram (Bhikshai Patra)- Lyrics