Great Indian Tamasha - Elections 2009..

Voter's Paradox - I always have this guilt feeling of choosing the best of the worst leaders as my candidate representing my constituency (which means i haven't chosen the right one anyway). If i fail to choose the one among the worst, I have another feeling of guilt, which reminds that i haven't even chosen the candidate (whether the right one / wrong) to do good.

I am not sure how to answer this paradox. If some intelligent person convinces me and tells me that "Arey ! you have to vote for the right candidate, say XYZ, what is the chance of my vote contributing to his win, when somebody offers free television sets, other ones offers 2Rs / kilo Rice, another idiot offers 25 kg of wheat..burning the exchequerer.

My next question would be - Is there any way to canvass / convince all my voters in My constituency to vote for the right candidate, so that my vote/right to franchise picks the right candidate - to do good for the people. I neither have the money / muscle power to withstand the goons/politicians of the modern day (Yaaruppa !! adi vangarathu...)

Then I thought whether i can sought the help of media to find out and project any good leaders, I never found even one single channel which is bother to showcase any real potential and take them to people. They are very much eager to fight to claim who is secular, who is pro-poor, who offers bribes etc, if not bothered about Size Zero of a bollywood actress / a gay actors - walk on the ramp.

When i analyse further, I understood that I had no clue of the candidate's assets / their background (even background checks happen for a fresher in a job market not for politicians), their nexus, their revelations etc. If i had lost my faith in political parties, is there somebody to stop them / arrest all those violations ? - I doubt there is someone.

If an institution takes a firm stand and advises the party not to field a candidate who spoke irresponsibly, why they failed to act against a former CM's threat againt a District Magistrate who is a lady (come on !! where the Mahila Sanghs and NCW now who protested for beating the girls in Mangalore).

If ruling party accuses the opposition for a irresponsible candidate's emotional address in a rally, i never understood why congress never apologised for his father (Sanjay Gandhi's deeds when it was in power)? or why there is a clean chit to 1984 Sikh riot instigators (I might sound like a BJP supporter, but i would like to clarify that I am neither member/attached to eny party)...

To me the question is why is there double standards when an opposition party does, an ally which fails to join a coalition is treated differently on similar issues by the institution which conducts elections, media and the highest legal body.

I never understand Secularism - To me its the most abused word..(Secularism is nothing but differntiating / demarcating the Religion with State - according to wikipedia) which literally means, there shouldn't be any religion during ruling the state / contesting the elections. If building the Ram temple - which is an action item in a party's manifesto is communal and not secular - which i accept, how come parties like Muslim league / any other religion can contest/have a name which directly signifies any religion.

The so called pesudo secularists (ably supported by all leading news channels in TV) never question anybody who represents a minority. India is one country, which stoops down for all the minorities irrespective of the religion. I have lived in UK, where I being a Hindu which is a minority / my uncle who is naturalised citizen there never enjoys anything as Minority...Infact you can't claim anything in the name of religion.

To me voting in Indian system seems to be futile exercise and (sorry to quote) but i believe it has the same result as a tissue paper after the flush. I was shocked to understand a foreign diplomat and writer who is going to contest from kerala has 21 crores (as a part of the "disclosed assets - mind you it is disclosed)...

Tell me frankly till few years ago, the candidature's allocated expenditure was a lakh...now increased upto 25L...I hardly understand how come EC came to conclusion that 25L is sufficient when i can't build a house in 25L. Elections are polluting, see the noise, songs and dances at the time of exams with MGR's " Nalai Namathey" songs when students are rigorously working hard...see the amount of paper used....
with everybody colorfully smiling as "varum kala mudhalvar (future CM)".

On one end, you speak about caring for the environment by not printing an e-mail, here its the other way. Nobody talks about, what they can do....(or) what they will do, how to create jobs, how to afford education, how to increase the standard of living of any BPL family - Blank NO....

They speak about Eelam, Price Rise, Job Losses (Even they are global repercussions and not state govt's faults - as they are not that knowledgeable to screw the system).

To clean up the system, which is really difficult, I would strongly recommend the progress card / report system of how much you have accomplished of what you said. To me India doesn't need a dictator, doesn't need an economist who can think and runs behind a lady for advises, doesn't need a scientist who can't do beyond the presidential powers of forwarding to the cabinet.

To me I would like to be led by a man like gandhi, a guy who can guide without any great aspirations(mind you guide and no remote controls like any firangi ...) millions to vote / not to vote, to make people accountable for being the servants of this country and not ministers/MPs who go around in cars, get gas connections in the capital.

If by civil disobedience, you can boycott the british army and generals, i sincerely believe we can boycott these men too who beg for votes from us.

Swadeshamitran.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akashe Jyotsna.....

Paatu Paadava....

Pichai Patram (Bhikshai Patra)- Lyrics