Are we not fortunate ??...

I am writing this article with heavy heart, as i have been contemplating the purpose of life for more than a week before writing this piece. I was watching TV the other day (rarely i see TV these days except for comedy soaps viz., friends/scrubs etc), there was a program on extra-ordinary people and to my irony they were showing a documentary on the people who are literally not grown on ages for very long time.

I was not able to digest that girls and boys who were shown that series were not grown as full-fledged as we are, but their growth was struck by some syndrome (i am not going into the medicine/biology here). But the greatest shock to me, was a lady (a mother) had both the kids which are afflicted by the syndrome.

The best part of it was the children were accepted as normal in their schools, but still the kids have the anxiety (which is very much visible in their watered eyes...) that they could not live their lives as others (probably like us)...

Though we might have suspicions/doubts like "madhavan in anbe sivam whether do god exists / why should a kid of 3-4 yrs which hasn't done anything yet in life should suffer ?

But I have asked this question many a time in my life and i have also found an answer for this. I have never seen/observed a child which is mentally challenged / a slow learner without parents in the first instance ?. Probably these kids get better parents than any of us. ( you have your own chance to be jealous on them !!!).

When ever we grow with our ego, we would be able to witness a beautiful episode which brings us back to earth. This was one such incidence to me and could be to few of us as well.

I have to thank and acknowlegde few of my friends who have influenced me with the concept of social work. I don't even like to call it as social work and it has to be termed as "personal social responsibility".

In my humble opinion, every man (ofcourse woman as well) has the responsibility to make this a better world by giving it back to them whatever they can.

do you still think your life sucks....are you not fortunate ??

/Lakshman

Comments

Triya said…
touche!! One of my friend always says .. "after all in China they eat with sticks.." the idea being that, we have atleast spoons to eat food with. Atleast in the past year, everytime I have had a wave of self pity, I have said this phrase to myself and instantly felt better. We are indeed fortunate.

Popular posts from this blog

Akashe Jyotsna.....

Paatu Paadava....

Pichai Patram (Bhikshai Patra)- Lyrics