Clefs, Treble and Staves

If I would be regretting a decision at the end of my stay in UK, it would be my decision for not buying my Yamaha E403 keyboard (could be E303 would do...even). I tried to resist my temptation of not visiting "Dawsons" the music shop in reading till yesterday, finally decided to enter the shop only to come out with tears which would have expressed my inability to carry back a keyboard (a Priced Posesssion) back to India.

"Price Does Matter" - but i never found a way to carry back due to the restrictions of baggage/weight in Heathrow. Though there is an option to sell it back here (which i never would do, as it is valuable to me not in terms of price, but for other reasons).



But this is one of my agenda to get a decent 61 keyboard once I am in India and start my lessons with musee musicals / Promusic in chennai. I have been longing to get a decent KB right from my 5th std in school, but unfortunately now i can afford to buy one, but i cannot take it back. That left me little emotional, as being a cancerian i can understand how i feel about my possession.

But I also had a dream in my childhood to buy a piano (particularly in black colour with coat of varnish)after being struck with awe, when i first glanced one in Mohandoss unlce's house way back in late 80s. But I would like to buy one which is compact and can be accommodated within my house (raghuvamsa).



Even though i didn't buy one, I had the joy to play my fav tunes in Yamaha E403 and Rolands/korgs (though there was a restriction placed not to play the pianos...). I had picked few books published by trinity college of music to understand music theory ( u can sit for exams for theory alone...) and did a skim-reading of the same to understand semi-breves and crotchets and also humming Illayraja songs (to understand my theory of tempo being used in tamil film music - use of minims in "chaiyya chaiyya"(3 beats), use of crotchets in my favourite song "naan padum mouna ragam" (4 beats))

It reminded me of my keyboard classes with Mr John in chennai and Sam in trichy. A nostalgic experience !!!.

Comments

balai said…
I thought u cld carry muscial instruments...as they are not part of the main baggage. I have seen ppl carrying guitars.

Popular posts from this blog

Akashe Jyotsna.....

Paatu Paadava....

Pichai Patram (Bhikshai Patra)- Lyrics