Jhanvi - A step forward

It would be strange if you read and interpret the title, this is one which i have been nurturing in my neuro-barn for a while. I still remember my discussions on the lawns of bishop heber, with my friend Subramanian (Sup) and my lineage to work with few NGOs and do something worthful in my life.

But when I moved out of my academic pursuits, i had my own compulsions of making money and i am still in the process of making it as many people around me. But there is a compulsion within myself for which i don't have enough answers at this point of time to address them.

I have been in my shell (which resembles the cave in cast away island) and i keep contemplating for months (nalla velai...i didn't go to Tiruvannamalai as shri ramana...though even i had questions of who am i. i believe only sadhus and jackie chan might know an answer for this question...ha ha)

There are always many things which i have received and i feel that i have been fortunate among the lot who accepts the life what it gives. With my recent discussions with Srivats which was an eye-opener, i feel that microfinance has the potential to uplift our people from illiteracy and poverty. Thanks to Shri Mohd Yunus, nobel laurate.

When reading our sacred texts, i came across beautiful point, which emphasise that there should be personal social responsibility (psr) - just to pay 6paise/rupee to a cause. That was the motivation to start a foundation which i have named it as "Jhanvi", as i have picked the name specially in honouring couple of them who are close to me.

Though this is still inception, i have a long way to go to make it a legal entity. At this point of time, i would be managing it and contributing to it. Though the Main motive of this foundation is just to focus on children's education.

I would definitely get back to all you guys, for your inputs on how to make it better for a worthy cause.

/Lakshman

Comments

Krishna Prakash said…
Looking forward to the formal launch.
Regards & Wishes
KP

Popular posts from this blog

Akashe Jyotsna.....

Paatu Paadava....

Pichai Patram (Bhikshai Patra)- Lyrics