My Last day @ Ericsson

It was both sad and happy day for me to enter the office on this friday (12/10/2007), as that had been my last day @ Ericsson Services, UK. I have been associated with Hutch 3G/ Ericsson Services for the last 2.5 years.

This has been wonderful association as it had given me great friends like Veeru, Anand, Sreedhar B, Jags, Krish, Guns, DJ Gugs, Nattu etc and also professionally has given me more responsibilities and learning opportunities to understand how business works on the macro level, how to grow yourself and how best you can develop your business and organisation and also at the same time without losing your cool and fun.

The sad part is I will be missing Provident (the application i had worked for 4 years, it has given me an opportunity to code/test/design/analyse etc, which is quite rare in this industry to do for a single product). Sadly, i would be missing her, but time has come to say big goodbye and thank you to Provident.

I had drafted my farewell mails in advance, one for TCS team, one for my cricket team and one for the others. My day began wonderfully with a special hot chocolate prepared by Elsa (who came to knew that it was my last day and complimented it with a spl hot chocolate...which is my favourite drink).

My folks took me to Nandos for Lunch (this restaurant is a portuguese ones, i love my spicy rice and peri peri chips, which i had got it as promised by my folks).

Myself and Kiran (my lead) teamed up to play one last game of table footie (football) against the arch rivals Sudip and Dharmendra and to make my day a great one, we crushed them clinically.

Finally there was a ceremonious farewell given by my Manager Dave Harrison along with the team and I was asked to give my oscar speech to thank each and everybody.

I had invited my folks (all friends of mine, my team etc) for the leaving drinks and it was all fun when Anil Bansal (who is head of CMS, My Manager's boss) joined the party and its all fun after several rounds of JD (double coupled with coke)...

I had been given a nickname of "white rajini" by my folks, for imitating rajini whenever i find time. I was given a special request by my folks and Anil Bhai to perform the same in a "gora pub" was the ultimate highlight.

It was a great evening and never i had felt so much of happiness and fulfillment which this journey has given to me. I will heading for my next assignment and i hope the same way as i had enjoyed this one.

Comments

Chandru said…
Cool. Change is the only thing constant in life! Enjoy it!

Popular posts from this blog

Akashe Jyotsna.....

Paatu Paadava....

Pichai Patram (Bhikshai Patra)- Lyrics