Naalu Penngal...

Thanks to Adoor Goplakrishnan for suggesting a new title for my blog. This is not going to be another movie review of his recent film which he has directed. This is just my own observation of 4 different women, who belong to different genres, ethnicity, roots and profiles who are basically striving to push hard and move in their lives.

Whenever i walk into one of the famous Indian restaurants which has branches even in UK apart from Chennai, I have observed the way P1 works in the restaurant. (It would be wise on my part to make the references and hide their original names). Basically she is from Poland, her langauage is different, her lifestyle is different, but she needs to survive and compete in this country which is as alien to her as it is to me/ to you.

P2 works as a lecturer in one of the tutorial college and she also works in nearby supermarket store. I know her, as she stays as my neighbour and they are also from a hindu country which is marred with violence in the recent years. She strives by working in multiple places, managing a child and family with a brother-in-law as well.

P3 is another woman, who is basically from our "chittappa pasanga" country. She lives with her own kids as well as a husband who keeps snoring everytime and lies lazy. I have seen her struggling to live with those kids in a room which would be same as mine (its ok for a single person and not a family) due to their educational and economic conditions. Sorry to comment about certain aspects of a particular religion, I still believe, its not only the veil need to be removed from the women's face, rather it has to be removed from the men's mind as well.

P4 is a typical middle class thamizh lady who wants to supplement and support her husband's responsibilities by trying and looking out for newer opportunities in this foreign land. She has the typcial duties of a normal household of bringing her kid, to manage a family, and to have a better way of living.

Like in Yuva/Ayudha Ezhuthu/Amorres Peros, all these 4 characters will not mingle, but i found unique similarities in them. Everybody wants to support their family, all of them were striving hard in a alien land, they are not exactly behind money but craving for a quality lifestyle.

These "Naalu Penngal" taught me the truth of sustenance in this world, the value of the money, Striving for a quality life, to care for your own family. I owe my thanks to them for letting me to realise this truth.

Life has taught me lot of things through informal means of observing people, situations/circumstances, taking it from society. I just thought I can jotte these experiences, so as others to learn as i did.

~Lakshman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Akashe Jyotsna.....

Paatu Paadava....

Pichai Patram (Bhikshai Patra)- Lyrics